Saturday, February 22, 2020

Opening Plot



  After lots of thinking and going back and forth, I've finally decided on my film opening plot.  I had a lot of different ideas and different routes I wanted to take, so it was hard to pinpoint the idea I wanted to settle on, but I'm finally satisfied with my plot.
     My film is going to be about a boy in high school battling anger issues and depression, but it's going to focus a lot on the parent's perspective.  This is something not done very often, and while films about kids' character development are popular, it's less popular to look at how the parents are affected.  The film is going to include the parents hearing about yet another issue the boy has caused in school, but this time he made a death threat to the school, upping his consequences.  His parents decide that it's time to transfer him to boarding school.  The movie will look at not only how the boy reacts to the changes, but how the parents try to hide what he's going through, and how it drastically changes their lives and relationship as well.
     I'll go more in depth into the overall film plot later, but for now I'll explain my opening scene.  My opening will show a woman (the mother) walking through an office building and arriving at her husband's office.  The husband reluctantly stops what he's doing, hanging up the phone and beginning to talk to his wife.  The wife explains that their son sent a death threat about other students to the school; the man starts to ask how much money he's going to have to pay the school this time, but the wife cuts in and says she thinks they need a new route.  The husband seems annoyed, and asks her what she means; the wife says she wants to send their son to boarding school.  The scene ends with the husband looking increasingly annoyed and frazzled.
     I'll continue to develop the details of the opening, and get back to you guys with a storyboard soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment