Friday, February 28, 2020

Set Props


     Since the setting of my opening is in an office, and I’m planning on using an empty boardroom, I need to gather some props for my set.  Most of the props I want are things I already own, like a desk lamp, and a notepad and pen.  I have a blue desk lamp, and also a little globe that’s navy and maroon, which would both go well with the blue and brown tones of the room. A lot of desks I saw had little knick knacks and sculptures on them, which adds to the personalized feel of the set.  This is the purpose of the globe.  I know my dad has little bobbleheads and other small items like that at his desk at home, so I can also bring a couple of those.  I have a landline phone at my house that I can bring to put on the desk as well, since every businessman’s desk has a telephone on it.  I might incorporate a phone call into my scene, so the phone would be essential for those shots.  A lot of photos I found of desks also had a stack of tan files on it, which I know my dad has so that works out well.  Another important “boss” prop is a name plaque, which I thought my dad might have, so I texted him about it and he let me know that he is in fact too cool to own one.  So, I just ordered one off of Amazon that will arrive next week.  The one I found is under ten dollars and personalizable, which will be perfect for the set.  A lot of desks have computers on them, and I might have an old monitor at home to bring.  If I don't have it anymore, I just won't utilize a computer, since a bunch of movie desks didn't have one either.  Lastly, I’m going to bring a plain coffee mug, since most of the images I looked at included a mug on the desk.  By doing this, it brings a casual element to the set.


Sources:
https://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/journal/gb2016_location09-01_lg.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSQJlGX9A1AHa1Lvf72u5ErjwDiyA6rdVS87sCMfgvwNo1peQEH
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/f9OT0HTauKU/hqdefault.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment