Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Set Design



     For my opening, I plan on it being set in the husband’s office.  I’m planning on using my dad’s office space, but he works in a big office with a lot of communal space, with no big “boss” like office.  This being said, I’m hoping to be able to either transform part of the office or to frame it in such a way that it looks like an important person’s desk.  My dad was down at his office today, and sent me a couple options.  I could either use his real office space, which is a nice space that I could definitely add a few props to in order to up the professional aspects.  My other option is to use the boardroom, which could look really cool because it has an impressive skyline behind it.  With this, I think I could be able to move the chairs around, add some desk props, and frame the shots to make it look like it's a boss's office.  As long as I can get the windows in the background correctly, I think I can use the edge of the table as the desk.  I don't like the yellow tones of my dad's personal space, and I think the windows in the boardroom look really neat, so I'll most likely end up trying to utilize the boardroom.  A lot of dramas (like American Psycho, Birdman, and Django Unchained) stick to a cool toned color palette, and I like the idea of keeping with cool blues and grays for my opening.  Because of that, the boardroom would work nicely. Since I haven't seen the office in person, I won't know for sure which will work best until I'm able to check out the space myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment