Wednesday, April 1, 2020

My Concerns


     After messing around with a few small things, and deciding on my fonts (font #4 for the title, #1 for everything else), my opening is essentially done.  That being said, I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with it, and here's why.
     First of all, no matter which parts of the conversation I use and what clip I use last, the ending looks a little bit abrupt.  It was really hard to piece together a mini conversation from the clips I had, and one that actually flowed.  Overall the conversation isn't that choppy, it's just that I'm not completely satisfied with the end of it.  I played around with a lot of different options, and I think the only way I'd be completely happy with it would be to reshoot a few clips, which thanks to COVID-19 isn't much of an option. That being said, I still think the conversation works, I just thought I should explain how I'm feeling.
     I also made a minor filming error.  Since the office was so backlit, I had a little lamp that we were shining on my dad's face for some of his shots, and you can see the lamp in a couple of the shots.  I purposefully left it in the shot for his establishing clip, since we needed it where it was, but the lamp magically disappears and is never seen again. The lamp is dark blue and skinny so it's actually not even that noticeable, but I felt obligated to mention it since it was something that was bothering me.

No comments:

Post a Comment