Saturday, March 28, 2020

Adding the Little Things


     Mechanically, my opening is set, so I've moved on to fixing the little things.  Thankfully, since I cut out a big chunk of the conversation in the office, I had a lot less color correction to do, since there's only a couple back-lit shots now.  That being said, there was one or two super back-lit clips, so I had to do my research and figure out how to do the color correction for those.  The problem isn't exactly that they're dark, it's more than that they're super blue tinted, when all of the other office shots have more of a yellow/orange tone to them.  This is kind of hard to fix without making the clip look exaggeratedly colored, but I did my best and even though it doesn't look perfect, the clip at least matches the others a bit better.  Here's a before and after and what that looked like:





      I also have been editing the sound, making sure my music fades in and out correctly, and also that it's at an okay volume.  While I want the music to be heard, I also want the sounds of Jackie walking and the sounds of the street activity heard as well.   I actually got pretty lucky with how the city audio sounded, as the car noises, walking, and chatter sounds super nice and almost like I added it in myself.  That being said, sounds of the city noises from clip to clip were a little choppy, so I overlapped and faded a bunch of the audio clips so that the noise sounded more cohesive. I also added in a door opening sound effect as Jackie enters the room, and adjusted the audio levels of their conversation to try and have all of their lines match in volume. 
     Before I finish, I'll probably play with color correction a bit more and try to make everything perfect, but for now I'm making good progress on finishing my opening up!

No comments:

Post a Comment