Thursday, March 19, 2020

My Overestimate


     So, I laid down all of the office clips in Premiere, and it turns out I'm insanely bad at estimating.  The office clips alone are over 2 minutes long.  So my fears from filming day of the office conversation running too short were definitely wrong, and I don't think I'm going to be using any of the clips of Jackie walking up to the office.  This isn't that big of an issue, since my original plan was to only have the conversation anyways, it just means I wasted a lot of time filming and starting to edit those clips.  I think it would've been cool to have her walking up to the office and then have her character revealed once David's office is shown, but not having it isn't going to affect my over all tone or anything. 
     Even with the conversation alone, I'm over time by a solid 20-25 seconds, so I have to see where I can cut time and maybe snip out a couple lines.  Turns out 2 minutes is a really short period of time, but I think I'll be able to cut everything down enough.  I'm hoping I can still make it flow well and avoid it turning out choppy.  My thinking is that I can cut a couple lines off of the end and still have the same affect, and cut out a few words in other lines.  It also helps to overlap the clips a little, having the audio of one clip start over the end of the one before in.  25 seconds is a pretty long time, so cutting that many corners off is going to be difficult but I think I'll be able to figure it out. 
     In other news, I figured out how to change the fonts! For some reason it was just wasn't letting me before.  I'm getting better and better at navigating through Premiere, which is good and makes editing easier and easier.  One bad thing about Premiere is that it's really easy to cut and trim clips, but almost too easy.  Even while you're just trying to move clips around it'll accidentally cut edges of clips off, which is kind of annoying and makes it where you have to pay really close attention to how you're moving things around.  That being said I've just learned to watch really closely to what I'm doing and try to be careful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment