Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Filming Day!


     I finally went out and filmed the bulk of my opening!  I picked out my parents outfits and they got ready, then we packed all of our props into the car and made our way down to Miami.  Since I hadn't seen the office yet, once we got there my dad showed us around and showed me a few different filming options.  I'd already decided I wanted to use the boardroom, but my dad ended up showing me a second boardroom option, which I actually ended up liking the layout of better.  We then set up the props on the table to try and make the end of the table look like a desk.  I took a time lapse of us setting up the table, which actually turned out out of focus, but I'll insert it anyways.
     Next we all got out our scripts and storyboards, and we began filming.  Since the opening is primarily the conversation in David's office, all of our shots were in the same place.  Given the fact that neither of my parents can act very well, it still took a while to film as we were trying to get all of the emotions right.  The conversation ending up being a lot shorter then I had planned on it being, just because it went by a lot quicker than it did in my head.  This made me super nervous that my opening was going to end up way too short, so after brainstorming for a bit I decided to get some shots of Jackie walking to the office.  I got a bunch of different shots of her walking through the Miami streets, into the building, and up to David's office, all of which only show her feet and lower half.  My idea is for the beginning of the opening to show her walking around, and then cut to David's office.  After showing his office for a little, he gets a knock on the door, revealing Jackie walking in and connecting the two characters.  Even though this was a spur of the moment decision, I think it will serve my opening well, and hopefully all of my shots work out well together.
     I'm nervous to start editing, because I'm scared of how well my clips and angles will work together, but I'm hoping it will work out how I'm picturing.  Worst comes to worst, I can force my parents back to Miami to get some more shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment